Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A quick study in pet genetics

Above is the Inferno Cat I mentioned in the previous post. Snoopie here manifested a selfish talent at Adult level (drat) -- I burned two Pixie Sticks in getting Snoopie to adult level. The manifested selfish talent has one pip next to it, and the very helpful health gift talent is a two pip. So, looking at the talent slots, I have 5 potentially selfish talent slots, and 3 potentially helpful talent slots at a ratio of 3/5. The odds are in favor of Ancient level being a selfish talent. HOWEVER, let's take a look at Snoopie's parents.

 Here is the parent Inferno Cat, Whiskers. Notice that all talent slots but one have one pip next to them. And, those talent slots are a mix of selfish and helpful. This means that potentially, Snoopie's one pip talent slots contain helpful talents, so I can't discount that the 3/5 odds are actually misleading -- not all of Snoopie's one pip talent slots will be selfish. I have no doubt that Whisker's two pip talent slot is Health Gift. I won't train Whiskers any further, because he is a pet from a drop, this means that almost all of his other one pip talent slots are indeed selfish -- it would be a waste to train further.
Here is the other parent pet, my much beloved and absolutely perfect Duke Smokey, who casts Spritely almost every turn -- he is the most amazing pet I have ever had, and I have him equipped all the time. Anyway, none of his talent slots are selfish, and the non-manifested ones are not selfish either. So this increases the odds that Snoopie's not-yet-manifested one pip talent slots will not be selfish.


So, do I continue to train Snoopie and see if my reasoning bears fruit? I could, and I think I might be right. However, my Magma Peas are really slow in giving me the good snacks, and I have to farm Mirror Lake for those Pixie Sticks... sooooo, no, I won't be taking Snoopie any further. I will, however, be pursuing Plan B:
This is Plan B -- We have Queen Coco, the child of a Sea Dragon and Duke Smokey. Notice the increased pedigree above any other Assailing Dragon, and the manifested Epic talent slot. I am in the process of training up Queen Coco as her potential for talents is quite good. I think that crossing Coco and Snoopie -- who is higher pedigree than Whiskers and potentially holds better talents than Whiskers -- will produce an even better Inferno Cat. Also note that Coco has more Epic talent slots than my beloved Duke Smokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment